The Writer who discovered, pitched and sold the Erin Brockovich story to Hollywood.
Pamela DuMond

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sweet Tooth Tuesday:Temptations Cupcakes™ (Includes Cupcake Recipe!)

Welcome to another Sweet Tooth Tuesday. During research for my first novel, Cupcakes, Lies, and Dead Guys I attended Cupcake Camp L.A. It was A Gigantic Party - a grueling experience.


I met the most amazing people. I'd like to introduce you to another awesome baker. Take it away...


"My name is Naz, owner of Temptations Cupcakes™ (An ALL-NATURAL Cupcake Experience!)  


I am a young disabled female & would like the chance to spread hope one indulgence at a time. My disability is generally not a sensitive subject however, I have never been a fan of talking about it because I do not like the sympathy & I would like for people to look beyond it nonetheless, I cannot deny that it is a big part of who & what I am. In addition, it has been one of the greatest blessings in my life… 




I have learned to be independent, innovative, all because of the daily challenges. These challenges combined with my diligence led me to start my own cupcake business, Temptations Cupcakes™ … Cupcakes, Cakes, & So Much More!
Temptations Cupcakes(TM) bouquet
I had the opportunity to visit Dr. Drew Pinsky & decided to take cupcakes with myself. I realized I thoroughly enjoyed the therapeutic process of baking. Once the flame in me ignited to commence baking, there was no stopping me & I decided to take things up a notch by coming up with my own cupcake concoctions. 
Naz and Dr. Drew Pinsky
To my surprise, the recipes were turning out well & I was receiving great feedback. I always wanted to start my own business but did not know what. It became clear upon the unearthing of my cupcake baking talents that this was my calling. I received a degree in business/accounting from UCSB so as many would understand… you do not always picture accounting & cupcakes going hand-in-hand… well in any case, I am ecstatic that they did.
Temptations Cupcakes (TM)
A healthy lifestyle & well-balanced diet is imperative in our hectic L.A. lifestyle & that is why it is our mission to deliver a mouthwatering, ALL-NATURAL Cupcake Experience!


Temptations Cupcakes™ Persian Rice Pudding:

Ingredients:

1. Ground Persian saffron (Must be Persian)
a. ½ teaspoon
2. Pure Cane Sugar
a. 2 cups
3. Basmati Rice
a. 1 cup
4. Vegetable oil
a. 1 cup
5. Orange water
a. ¼ cup
6. Blanched Almonds
a. ¼ cup
7. Pistachio and cinnamon to garnish

Directions:
• Rinse rice 3 times
o Leave in 7 cups of water (more or less rice depending on quality of rice) medium
o Add sugar when rice has become soft
o Stir to avoid rice from sticking to pot
• Separately, Mix the saffron with very hot water
o Then add saffron to rice mixture
o Put lid on pot & lower temperature (medium to low)…about 40 minutes
• Then place in a desired dish and decorate while still hot



You can follow Naz for updates on her cupcake information on Twitter:


https://twitter.com/#!/TCcupcakes


You can follow Naz on Facebook!


https://www.facebook.com/TemptationsCupcakes

Naz and Temptation Cupcakes can be found at the following days and locations in the Los Angeles area. 

* Sundays- Brentwood Farmers Market: 741 S Gretna Green Way
Los Angeles, CA 90046, 8:00am-2:00pm

*Thursdays- Lancaster Farmers Market: W Lancaster Blvd & Date Ave
Lancaster, CA 93534, 2:00pm-7:00pm


Delivery 7 days a week!
Greater LA area generally with 48 hour notice required
(subject to availability & minimum order of $50-$75)



213.255.KISS (5477)info@temptationscupcakes.com


Thanks for the awesome cupcake recipe and for sharing your story, Naz!


And tx you blog readers!

xo,


Pamela DuMond




http://www.amazon.com/Cupcakes-Annie-Graceland-Mystery-ebook/dp/B0048ELMCY

No comments:

Post a Comment